In April 2014, Diverse Civil were contracted by Sarah Constructions to carry out the civil works for Southern Cross Care Aged Care Centre in Mount Barker.
Our scope of works included:
- Bulk earthworks – supply, place, and compact (to Level 1 GITA certification) approx. 30,000 tonnes of imported quarry sand to raise level of site up to 3 metres in height.
- Construction of heavy duty concrete pavements, and asphaltic road pavements.
- Excavate, prepare, and backfill approx. 700m of retaining walls.
- Building pad preparation.
- Supply and install all stormwater infrastructure, including concrete pits, pipe (PVC and RCP), swales, headwalls, gross pollutant traps, etc.
- Installation of 130,000L precast concrete underground storage tank.
- Construction of car park, including base prep, asphalt, line marking, and driveway crossovers.
- Realignment of existing creek, approximately 260m long.
- Concrete works – construction of kerbing, spoon drains, and pram ramps.